Roast Asparagus with Durrus Óg
2 minutes preparation
25 minutes cooking
- 12 asparagus spears, washed and dried
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 Durrus Óg, sliced
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c.
- Lay the asparagus in one layer on a baking sheet, lined with foil if you like.
- Roast it for 15/20 minutes until the tips start to crisp and the thicker part of the stems are tender. (Test with the point of a sharp knife to check this out.)
- Remove from the oven, lay the slices of Óg over the asparagus and roast for a further five minutes or so, until the cheese is bubbling and beginning to brown
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven and serve the asparagus and cheese with a crisp salad and some good bread.
Durrus Cheese, Spinach and Nutmeg Pizza (from Carmel Somers)
- 1 Home made pizza dough
- 4-5 large handfuls of spinach, roughly chopped
- 200g Durrus Cheese (rind removed), thinly sliced
- Nutmeg, freshly grated
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Heat the oven to 250ºC and heat a large flat baking tray.
- Roll out pizza base very thinly and place on hot baking tray.
- Top with the spinach.
- Season well with salt, pepper and a good amount of grated nutmeg.
- Arrange Durrus Cheese slices on top of spinach.
- Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 8 – 10 mins until base is golden and cheese has melted.
- 750g potatoes, peeled and left whole
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 200g smoked bacon, diced
- 20cl dry white wine
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and cut in half
- 400g Durrus Cheese, sliced and rind removed
- Boil potatoes for 20 mins, or until tender, drain and leave to cool, then dice
- Sauté onion until golden brown, add bacon and cook for a further 5 mins
- Add the diced potatoes and wine, season and cook on a low heat for 10 mins
- Pour half this mixture into an oven proof dish, spread half the Durrus Cheese on top, cover with the remaining potato mix and top with remaining Durrus Cheese
- Back for 20 mins at 180°C